Two weeks ago, I began praying very specifically over different aspects of my writing and growing a ministry. It has been hard for me to get into a routine which included those important parts of my soul, with all of the transitions we have been experiencing between jobs, gyms, groups, and more. All I want is to be in line with the calling on my life, to have an impact on others.
I got to a point where I found myself saying, “God, I know this is a tall order, but you’re the God of tall orders. My tall order is barely a blip compared to all the mighty things you can do.” No sooner did the words pass my lips that I stopped, sat up a little straighter, (because apparently even when something gives you a mental slap, you have to look around and pause asking, “what just happened?” as if you had really been struck. Wait…No? Just me?) and started to chuckle.
It’s no secret that I am a coffee addict; I might just live at Starbucks if I could. So pardon the analogy that follows if you can’t fully relate.
As I sat there asking God to help me with things that seemed so beyond my capabilities and watching the requests pile on one another, God connected a few dots in my head which could only make me laugh in silly-amazement.
“God, I know this is a tall order, but you’re the God of tall orders. My tall order is barely a blip compared to all the mighty things you can do.”
Have you caught it yet? My unintentional language was God’s way of intentionally speaking straight into my heart (through my love-language of coffee no less).
When you order a tall-sized beverage at Starbucks, you’re actually ordering a small.
So when we are praying for tall orders, those things that seem impossible, God is saying, “You have no idea what you’re asking for; you can’t fathom my power. Those impossible things to you–they’re one of the smallest things you could’ve requested. Just wait and see the order I’ve actually prepared for you.”
I’m so blown away by this metaphor God dropped in my lap. For all my fellow coffee addicts, I know this will be tucked away in your heart; the next time you order a tall a Starbucks, you’ll be reminded of God’s ability to do immeasurably more.
I’m so grateful I serve a Venti-God.
And the whipped cream on top of that steaming latte God has for each one of us? Watching those next steps He placed in our hearts unfold, drawing us nearer to the cups He prepared for you and me.
I’ve been watching His plans unfold in my life since I began those prayers; God has completely rearranged what ministry is in my heart, and blessed me with new and exciting ideas to implement that ministry. I’m so expectant for the impact those changes will have.
And now, it’s time for me to bring those changes to you!
I have not been this excited about change, and all the work that comes with it, in quite some time. While this has been a bit of an overload on my end, I can’t wait to see how God uses it in your life.
So, it is with great expectation that I am announcing a complete overhaul of this blog, and ultimately my entire approach of online ministry.
What’s to come?
- A theme. I’ve spent the last year writing about things haphazardly as they occur. I’ve covered so many topics, it’s been unclear what message I’m really trying to get across. Finally, all of my posts will be focused around a central idea, so everyone can know exactly what to find here.
- A new look. With any new stage of life comes visual changes, so why not here? The new layout will be better suited to address the theme, while continuing to be user-friendly.
- Re-organized posts. Organization, a novel concept for an OCD writer; who knew? The new format with be shorter, easier to read, and more applicable to daily life. Gone are the days of long posts that leave you pondering big-picture things in the world, soon there will be action steps, tips/tricks to move forward in growth, and clear discussion points.
- Videos. That’s right, videos! I briefly dabbled with this in the past, and now I’m ready to take a real chance with it. In addition to a weekly written post, I will be posting a video every other week. I communicate best through writing, but there is nothing like getting to hear and see someone speak to better understand their goals and passions. Talk about leaving my comfort zone!
- Community. This might be my favorite part. My goal is to bring people together. I want us to be able to talk about life and invest in each other, even if we never meet in person. Having people who will listen, support you, and even challenge you at times, is a vital part of growing in this world. I’m going to do all I can to help facilitate those conversations so we can really come together in a time of isolation.
All of this is set to kick off in exactly two weeks! I hope you’ll take some time to get to know the new space as it launches, and please keep me in prayer as I step out into the next level of ministry God has placed on my heart! And please let me know what you think; I’d love to hear from you!